One-Visit Dental Restorations in Oakville
At Oak Korner Dental, your dental health is our priority. Dental concerns go beyond the immediate symptoms. They can affect your physical and mental health and, without proper care, could worsen over time. Dr. Erwan Jerger is ready to provide reliable dental restorations in Oakville to restore the aesthetic and function of your smile, giving you confidence in your oral health.
One-visit dental restorations in Oakville, also known as same-day or single-visit dentistry, refer to a range of restorations that can include treatments like invisible white fillings, onlays, and inlays.
Learn about single-visit restorations and trust a local clinic whenever you are looking for a “restorative dentist near me.”
Treating Dental Cavities with One-Visit Dental Restorations in Oakville
Dental cavities can be repaired with fillings, onlays, or inlays, giving you a healthy smile with one-visit dental restorations in Oakville.
- Dental Fillings: These are the most common form of one-visit dental restoration offered by Dr. Jerger and his team in Oakville. Fillings stop cavities and prevent them from getting bigger. In modern dentistry, white fillings are used for a more aesthetic smile. The procedure involves removing decayed material from the tooth and replacing it with a durable resin to seal and protect the tooth.
- Onlays and Inlays: Larger defects caused by decay can be treated with inlays and onlays. These can be thought of as larger fillings, although there are some key differences. Inlays treat advanced decay in the cusp of the tooth, while onlays can treat advanced decay around the outside of the tooth and across the biting surface.
Dr. Erwan Jerger will determine if you’re a candidate for same-day restoration during your consultation and examination at Oak Korner Dental. Some complex issues may require additional visits to the dental office. Your treatment plan and any necessary visits to the office will be discussed in your initial consultation.
Can You Get Full Mouth Restorations in a Day?
Some of the work for full mouth restorations can be completed in a single day. However, it’s important to keep in mind that complex restorations could require treatments that go beyond the first visit.
Complex procedures, like implant restorations, can take an average of four months or more to complete all aspects of the treatment. It all depends on your unique dental needs.
- Full mouth restorations could be completed in a day if the work consists of simple cavity repairs like fillings, inlays, and onlays.
- Full mouth restorations that require dental crowns will require two visits. On the first visit, the target tooth or teeth will be prepared and impressions will be taken. A temporary crown or crowns will be placed. Permanent crowns are made in the dental lab and are placed around two weeks after the initial visit.
- Veneers sometimes play a role in full mouth restorations. The process for these is similar. Preparation is done and impressions are taken on the first visit, and the veneers are then placed around two weeks later (often around 12 business days).
As with many areas of dental care, having full mouth restorations in a day will depend on your unique case. Schedule your appointment at Oak Korner Dental to start with diagnosis and treatment planning. Dr. Jerger will provide a detailed treatment plan and timeline so that you know what to expect.
Can You Have Implant Restorations in a Single Visit?
Implant restorations are often complex and require detailed treatment planning. There may be several aspects to your treatment, including tooth extraction, bone grafting, implant placement, healing, and final prosthetic fitting. Having implant restorations requires more than a single visit to the dental office. In ideal cases, it takes around four months to complete the treatment but may take longer depending on your case.
Dental implant restorations are designed to be maintained for a lifetime. The time that you invest into getting reliable treatment will be more than worth it. Dr. Erwan Jerger will plan and perform implant restorations to enhance your oral health and the aesthetic of your smile. You can learn more about your candidacy for implants by scheduling a consultation today.
When Should I Call a Restorative Dentist Near Me?
You can book an appointment with a “restorative dentist near me” any time that you have a dental concern, such as tooth pain, chipped or cracked teeth, or even if you have a missing tooth or teeth. When you choose a local “restorative dentist near me,” you will enjoy convenient treatment with some of the most common restorative procedures able to be completed in just one visit.
If you’re looking for a “restorative dentist near me,” Oak Korner Dental is a great choice. Dr. Jerger has more than 18 years of experience, and his compassionate and detail-oriented approach is ideal for achieving long-term success in any treatment.
Book an appointment, learn more about one-visit dental restorations in Oakville, and get the thorough care that you deserve at Oak Korner Dental.