Visiting Our Dental Office in Downtown Oakville for a Dental Checkup
Oak Korner Dental is a dental office in downtown Oakville that offers compassionate and detailed dental care with Dr. Erwan Jerger. Regular dental appointments are important for maintaining your oral health and the aesthetic of your smile. Understanding the process of an appointment will ensure that you feel comfortable whenever you need to see Dr. Jerger and his team.
While each case is unique, most dental checkups and visits have similarities in the process. Here’s what you can expect when you visit our dental office in downtown Oakville.
How Often Should You Visit Your Downtown Oakville Dentist?
You should visit Dr. Jerger, your downtown Oakville dentist, at least every six months. There may be times when visits could be more frequent, such as when you are recovering from a surgical dental procedure. Dr. Jerger will advise you if there’s any necessary change in the frequency of your regular visits.
Some patients who suffer from weakened immune systems, have a history of gum disease, or a history of cavities might need to visit every three to four months. Dr. Jerger, your reliable downtown Oakville dentist, will provide a detailed treatment and maintenance plan so you know exactly how often you will need to visit to maintain an unforgettable smile.
The best recommendation for the frequency of visits will always come from your downtown Oakville dentist. If you’re a new patient, you can book an appointment today and Dr. Jerger will plan your future visits based on any treatment or care that you need.
How Should You Prepare for Your Visit to Our Dental Office in Downtown Oakville?
With a few simple steps, you can be better prepared for your appointment at our convenient dental office in downtown Oakville.
- You can contact us today to schedule your appointment. Our dental office in Downtown Oakville is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- When you call to schedule your appointment, you can provide any recent changes in your medical history. Let us know if you’re on any medications or have received any treatments in the last few months.
- Follow a strict oral hygiene routine before your visit to Dr. Jerger, your downtown Oakville dentist. This will help you to maintain a good habit of taking care of your teeth at home.
- Write down any questions or concerns that you have about your oral health. This will help in case you forget any of these details when you come in for your appointment.
Dr. Jerger will guide you through the visit with a kind and compassionate approach. You’ll be relieved by how comfortable things are when you visit a friendly and professional downtown Oakville dentist.
The Checkup Procedure with Your Dental Surgeon in Downtown Oakville
Dr. Erwan Jerger, your dental surgeon in downtown Oakville, will explain the process before your checkup begins. You’ll have a chance to ask any questions before and after the steps. While each checkup is individualized for the patient, some basic elements are shared between most visits to a trained dental surgeon in downtown Oakville.
- Dr. Jerger will review your medical history to discuss any changes from your last visit. If it’s your first visit, there will be a detailed review of your history.
- Your dental surgeon in downtown Oakville will perform a thorough oral examination to review the health of your teeth, gums, and mouth.
- If necessary, x-rays or other scans will be taken to assess areas that aren’t visible through a visual examination.
- You can have professional cleaning to remove plaque and tartar that isn’t removed by home brushing.
- Your dental surgeon in downtown Oakville will check gums and spaces between teeth when performing a cleaning treatment.
- Based on the examination, treatment recommendations will be provided for any necessary dental work.
Regular checkups can prevent small dental concerns from becoming big ones. With Dr. Jerger, you have a thorough dental surgeon in downtown Oakville who will ensure you get great care for better treatment outcomes.
How Long Are Dentist Appointments?
The duration of dentist appointments can vary depending on your needs and any conditions that you have. Routine checkups can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 60 minutes in most cases.
Dental appointments will take longer if you need professional whitening or another type of cosmetic procedure or restorative treatment. It’s best to set aside at least two hours to get to the dental clinic and have your dentist appointment. Some patients prefer to take half a day or a full day away from work or other commitments so that they aren’t pressed for time.
Can You Get Professional Whitening After a Checkup?
Yes, if you’re looking for a cosmetic improvement in your smile you can get professional whitening after your dental checkup. Professional whitening is more effective and safer than whitening at home because it will be performed under the supervision of Dr. Jerger, a trained dental surgeon in downtown Oakville.
Professional whitening can provide results that are shades lighter after just a single visit, unlike home whitening which can provide mixed results depending on the technique and the quality of the whitening product.
Book Your Dentist Appointment at Oak Korner Dental
Make Oak Korner Dental your dental office in Downtown Oakville and enjoy the quality care and professional approach of Dr. Erwan Jerger and his team. Book your dentist appointment with us today.