White Fillings are the Aesthetic Choice to Treat Cavities
Cosmetic dentistry has become increasingly more popular in recent years, with patients appreciating the options to beautify and protect their smiles. There are times when functional and cosmetic dentistry in Oakville cross over. White fillings for cavities are an excellent example of this.
Cavities can cause pain and sensitivity. Untreated, they can lead to infections and tooth loss. White fillings repair cavities without compromising the aesthetic of teeth.
Learn why white fillings could be the most ideal choice when you need restorative treatment with your dentist in Oakville.
What are the Signs You Need Teeth Fillings?
Teeth fillings are used to repair decay and cavities. They can range from minor to major in the case of onlays and overlays. Teeth fillings are effective and affordable and are covered by dental plans in most cases. Knowing when you might need teeth fillings is helpful, as it can prevent worsening decay.
Look for these signs that it’s time to talk about teeth fillings with your dentist in Oakville…
- You have an intermittent or persistent toothache. This is a sign that you have a cavity or deeper damage in your tooth. The severity and frequency of the toothache may suggest the severity of the problem, but the key is that you talk to your dentist any time that you experience this.
- Your tooth or several teeth have become more sensitive. This indicates that you might have a cavity or another dental problem that needs a diagnosis (such as receding gums). Sensitivity can be caused by several factors, so it’s important that you book a consultation as soon as possible.
- You can see holes or dark spots in your teeth. These typically appear as pits and might be especially noticeable after brushing and rinsing.
- You have a cracked, fractured, or chipped tooth. Any visible sign of damage is an indication that you could need teeth fillings. Your dentist will evaluate the affected tooth or teeth to develop the best treatment plan. If you get to the problem early, you can prevent the need for a more complex treatment like a root canal or the placement of a dental crown.
- You have persistent bad breath. This is often a sign of tooth decay. If you follow a strict oral hygiene routine and still experience bad breath then it’s time to book an appointment with your dentist in Oakville, Ontario.
These symptoms aren’t always indicative of the need for white fillings, but they do suggest that there’s a problem that should be addressed by a professional. When you book an appointment at Oak Korner Dental you will receive a detailed consultation and diagnosis to identify the underlying cause of any dental concern.
Oak Korner Dental is a full-service dental clinic covering treatments as diverse as dental implants to cosmetic dentistry in Oakville.
Why Should You Choose White Dental Fillings?
White dental fillings are more aesthetic, and they also have technical benefits. Traditional fillings contain metal, which comes with health concerns and could also introduce pain when eating with metal utensils. White dental fillings look better, in fact, they’re almost indistinguishable from native tooth enamel.
Modern materials used for white dental fillings are also more durable and are less likely to fall out or receive premature damage. White fillings last an average of seven years and can be replaced once they begin to destabilize.
In a more general sense, you should choose white dental fillings because they will treat cavities and protect your teeth from further damage. White dental fillings can stop tooth decay and may ensure that you don’t need more serious treatments in the future.
White Fillings Can Even Replace Your Existing Metal Fillings
If you have old fillings that you consider unsightly when speaking and smiling, then you can consider replacing these with white fillings.
New white fillings can add years of protection while also improving your overall aesthetic.
Combining White Fillings with Cosmetic Dentistry in Oakville
If you’re looking for a complete smile makeover, you have options with cosmetic dentistry in Oakville. New white teeth fillings will be virtually unnoticeable in your smile. Teeth whitening could give you the bright and confident smile that you’ve always wanted. You could even consider porcelain veneers or bonding to correct issues with the size and shape of your teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry in Oakville improves your appearance, giving you more confidence in social situations, at work, and any time that you want to flash a beautifully healthy smile.
If you need restorative treatments like white fillings, then you can combine cosmetic dentistry in Oakville into a detailed treatment plan. Dr. Erwan Jerger and his team are ready to begin with your consultation and treatment planning. Enjoy the smile you deserve with the help of Oak Korner Dental.